Thursday, June 30, 2011

Eat Bagels, Do Good!




Do you like bagels? Do you like to help people? Would you like a way to do both of those things at the same time?! Of course you would.

For the entire month of July, half of each bagel sale will be donated to one (or more) of the organizations (you can see a list here at ReBuildJoplin.org) that are helping to rebuild Joplin, Missouri.

A short back story for those who haven't heard about this: Joplin is a small little town that is about 2 hours south of my own hometown. They were hit by a tornado in May that destroyed most of the town.



The hospital is completely gone.



There are so many people who have been left with nothing.



I've lived in Kansas since 1996. There are plenty of tornadoes that have touched down over that span of years, but this one has really struck a chord with me. I feel called to do something, and now you can too. Order bagels! Enjoy them and know that while you are enjoying your fresh baked goodness, you are helping people 13 hours away from you - on the other side of the planet - rebuild their lives. Multitasking is the best.

BUT WAIT - THERE'S MORE.

I know what you're thinking, "How in the world could this get any better?" And to that I will say this:

#1. For the month of July I am introducing my first ever, limited edition flavor: Caitlin's Caraway bagel. This bagel has caraway in the dough as well as on top, mixed with some sea salt for a nice earthy-salty taste experience. I had never had caraway until I baked up the first batch of these and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised.

6 bagels are 7,000 won and 12 are 11,000 won (the extra won is to help me cover the expense of the imported ingredients).

#2. When you tell your friends about this promotion (and you will, right?) you will get 1,000 off your next order (up to 4,000). You can use your extra wons anytime between August 1st and the end of the year! Just have your friends mention your name when they order and I will keep track of it.

The fundraising goal (for now) is set at 150,000 won. Together, we can make a difference.



Many, many thanks to Tara Miesner of Tara Miesner Photography and Design for letting me use her images for this post. Be sure to check out her blog and Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment